Common Personal Injury Cases

If you've been somehow injured and you feel you deserve compensation, you should consult a lawyer. But are you confused about what kind of lawyer, and what kind of case you have? We've outlined some of the most common personal injury law cases below.

Medical Malpractice

Medical malpractice is one of the most hotly contested practices in the United States today. But this might be for good reason. As insurance companies clamp down on the types of help doctors are allowed to give their patients, and as doctors increasingly focus on insuring that they are complying with these companies before they treat patients, malpractice is becoming more common. When you feel like you've been treated unfairly, you have the right to sue. If you think you fit into this category, you should find a doctor who specializes in medical malpractice. He or she will know the ins and outs of insurance law and will be fluent in medical terminology, so will be able to tell you if you have a case or not.

Auto Accidents

If you've been hit by a car or have been somehow involved in an auto accident, you have the right to compensatory or punitive damages. This means that you can seek money in two ways: either the costs of covering expenses incurred by the accident (compensatory) or money to deter someone from making the same mistake again (punitive). Automobile-related personal injury cases are very common, especially if one or both of the parties involves does not have car insurance. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. If you've been involved in an auto accident, consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. He or she will tell you if you have a case, and give you steps to follow to pursue a lawsuit. This may involve going to see a doctor or an auto mechanic, if you haven't already. It's relatively simple to recover money if the other person is at fault and if you have a good lawyer.


If you've been injured by a malfunctioning product, you have the right to seek damages. Companies who bypass safety requirements in order to make money will continue to do so unless they can no longer get away with it. If a company has put you or your family in danger, you should consult a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases. She or he will give you specific instructions on how to pursue your case, including what kind of compensation you can expect.